Important Message From
President/Business Manager Terry McGowan
Please review IMPORTANT UPDATES to be compliant with state directives as of March 17, 2020.
The following measures are currently being followed, however, please keep in mind this is a fluid and ever-evolving situation. We will keep you updated on any changes that affect our organization, members and industry.
Unless otherwise mandated by federal or local laws, the International Union of Operating Engineers Local 139 intends to keep our Union and Health Fund offices staffed.
- If you have business to conduct with either the Union or Health Fund, we would greatly appreciate if you would conduct that business over the phone if possible.
- The La Crosse meeting scheduled on Thursday, March 19, has been canceled.
- The Executive Board meeting scheduled on Saturday, March 21, shall take place via teleconference.
- The Appleton General Membership meeting of April 18, 2020, has been canceled.
- All retiree group meetings around the state have been canceled.
- All skill improvement, CDL courses, and apprenticeship classes at our Training Center have been canceled.
- All Information Sessions for apprentice applicants have been canceled until further notice. For more information about Local 139’s Apprenticeship, visit 139training.org.
Please be assured that we are taking every cautious and prudent measure possible to ensure the health and safety of our members and employees. We are also taking every measure to ensure that we are compliant with all federal and local mandates and recommendations by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Please review the statement from our Health Fund Trustees. This letter will also be mailed to you before the end of this week.